aSWEET POTATO, SWEET POTAHTO, TOMATO, TOMAHTO.
I am SO ( SOOO ) hyped to finally be able to share this recipe with you all!
As a potato chip FANATIC, it is a recipe that is very close to my heart. <3 hehe.
Potato chips are absolutely delish and there is no arguing against that. HOWEVER, one pet peeve of mine ( next to my self diagnosed misophonia ) is when potato chips get stuck in my teeth !! Potato chips are so sneaky and not only get stuck in b/w teeth, but also clump up in the grooves on top of them. It feels as if I’m spending more time trying to get that gunk off my teeth than I do eating them!
I’m so pumped up about this recipe is because :
- These sweet potato chips DON’T get stuck in your teeth the same way those darn Lay’s do
- THESE ARE DESSERT CHIPS !!
These chips aren’t only the best because they are “dessert” nachos, but they are AMAZING because it doesn’t have to ONLY be a dessert.
SSSHHHH – don’t tell my mom that I’ve been eating dessert as a snack !!
They are NACHO average chip. These chips are sweet and delish. I mean, savory chips are just SOOOO… 2017.
The key to making a dessert nacho is to use sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes and peanut butter OR almond butter instead of salsa. If you haven’t drizzled nut butter on your sweet potato yet, I want you to BOLT – not run – to the grocery store !! OR just order some off amazon.
If you’re skeptical, just trust me on this one.
100p DROOLING GUARANTEE – AHTK will gladly Venmo you the cost of the nacho chips if you are not completely satisfied.
These chips are sweet, delicious, AND they have chocolate. Its a win-win-win…!
Additionally, sweet potatoes are FAB source of :
♡ VITAMIN A
♡ ANTI-INFLAMMATORY NUTRIENTS
♡ sweet potato
♡ coconut oil
♡ pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
♡ freeze dried strawberries
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Clean the sweet potato. Thinly slice the sweet potato ( ~width of a quarter ). On a greased baking sheet, toss the sweet potato in a small amount of coconut oil. If necessary, warm up the coconut oil in the microwave to liquify it. Arrange the sweet potatoes in a single later and bake for 30-45 minutes. Flip halfway.
When the chips are crispy, remove the chips from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Top the chips with the freeze dried strawberries and dark chocolate chips. Drizzle or dip the chips in your choice of nut butter.
ENJOY !! 😛
**A FEW NOTES BEFORE YOU DIVE INTO YOUR NACHOS :
- Make sure to purchase freeze dried strawberries that have no added sugar. Some companies like to sneak sugar into their products, but BBG, you’re sweet enough 😉
- Treat EVERY bite equally !! You want to get some of that delicious nut butter drizzle on every single chip. To get that PERF nut butter drizzle, you MUST buy the nut butter that has the pool of oil at the top.
- FUN FACT – You aren’t supposed to pour out that oil! It is actually a good sign of how natural your PB is. Grinding peanuts releases their oils which make the PB creamy ( you know about this if you’ve tried my Salted Vanilla Cashew Butter ). The absence of an oily pool is often a sign of added oils like cottonseed, rapeseed, soybean, or palm oil. NO THX !
- TIP – Store your nut butter upside down! Once the oil will rise to the bottom of the jar, you can flip it right side up and enjoy a spoonful with no oils!
- AHTK approved PB HERE and almond butter HERE ( Kirkland has a phenomenal price for almond butter!! )
- My current OBSESSION is Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips. This brand has no sugar added, is all natural, vegan, and non-GMO which is great, but TBH, I just love them for the taste…
- The chips are BEST eaten fresh. If necessary ( I’d be surprised if there were leftovers ), allow the chips to completely cool and store in a bag or container.
NOW, LEMME SEE YA DIP !!