Step aside Everything Bagel – there’s a new way to have ( eat? ) it all.
This recipe provides you with sea salt, garlic, onion-ey deliciousness in addition to ALL health benefits from the kale!! OH – and did I mention that it’s a fraction of an Everything Bagel’s cals??!
Kale is ….
- Low cal – 1 cup only has 36 calories
- High in fiber – 1 cup has 5 grams of fiber
- High in iron – more iron / cal than beef
- High in calcium – more calcium / cal than milk; prevents bone loss and maintains a healthy metabolism
- High in vitamin k – which is necessary for normal bone health and blood clotting
- High in vitamin a – ferda vision and skin health
Bae – goals
Kale – goals
You should have seen my eyes light up when I first saw the “Everything But The Bagel” seasoning at Trader Joe’s. I’ve an obsession with all things trendy – can ya tell?!
Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add kale to a large bowl and massage in EVOO. Sprinkle and mix in desired amount of Trader Joe’s “Everything But the Bagel” seasoning. Spread kale on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until crispy.
Kale chips don’t store for too long – try to eat them within the next couple days for optimal freshness. Another tip is to completely dry the kale with a salad spinner or paper towel before roasting if you wash them before. Store with 1-2 T of uncooked rice, which will serve as a natural dehumidifier.
TBH, my roomie and I snacked on a whole batch of them so I had to make more. Also, the kale shrivels down a ton so you likely won’t need to store any…
Let me know what you think!