What if I told you that I drank vinegar in the morning…?
Sounds kinda psycho, doesn’t it? Well, it kind of is!
I have been doing some research on this thing called Apple Cider Vinegar. Ever heard of it?
Every morning, I fill up a cup of water and add ACV + lemon and CHUG! Some people take shots of ACV first thing in the AM, but I prefer to add a couple tablespoons into water. By diluting the vinegar, I have less of a sour face and I kill two birds with one stone; I hydrate while I detox.
Why am I drinking this stuff every morning??
- Bacteria – ACV kills “bad bacteria” and helps beneficial & good bacteria grow. The acid kills the bad stuff and it acts as a natural antibiotic.
- Balances pH – Most of our bodies tend to be more acidic than alkaline. Many enzymes and chemical reactions work best at a certain pH and research shows that a body with a low pH ( more acidic ) leads to a lack of energy & higher incidences of infection.
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage – By cleansing out the lymph nodes, the lymph circulation will be improved and it can remove toxins from cells and improve immune response.
- Aids in weight loss – Reduces sugar cravings and improves detoxification
- Regulate Blood Sugar – ACV increases satiation and post meal glycemia.
- Body Detoxification – ACV can help remove environmental toxins that build up in the body, especially the liver ( get yourself ACV after a boozy night out! 😉 ). This vinegar can also stimulate circulation.
Doesn’t sound so crazy to drink it anymore, does it?!
Heres how you should buy ACV to maximize the benefits ^:
- *this is the type I buy*
- “Raw” – b/c it hasn’t gone through filtration or chemical processes to make it clear; this way you are sure that your vinegar is pure and isn’t robbed of the benefits. You don’t want any added artificial flavors or chemicals.
- Look for Mama – AKA, “the mother”! The mama is the brown gunk at the bottom of the bottle. While the mama may look a little nasty, it is an indicator that there is live bacteria and enzymes in the vinegar. Those are the things that make it the amazing vinegar it is. After all, mother knows best 😉
- Unpasteurized – You don’t want it heated b/c it will destroy that good bacteria we want!
I like to consume mine first thing in the morning. My secret sauce is 2 T ACV, a squeeze of lemon juice ( to balance blood sugar, becomes alkaline in the body, vit. c), and a 10 oz glass of water.
Another way to consume this vinegar is by adding it to salads as a dressing with extra virgin olive oil and lemon.
Would you try ACV in the morning??